Some spice is nice!
1 small head of cauliflower (approx. 3 cups)
1 quart of water (preferably filtered)
2 Tbsp. sea salt
2 1/2 Tbsp. curry powder
4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
1/2 – 1 teaspoon optional spices:
turmeric powder, coriander seed, cardamom pods
Makes approximately 2 Quarts or 1 Half Gallon
Project time: approx. 30 min.
Maturation time: 3 weeks
- Dissolve your salt into the water. Warm water on stove if necessary but allow to cool completely.
- Prepare your veggies. Chop cauliflower into small pieces. Peel and smash garlic cloves.
- With clean hands, pack veggies firmly into clean 2 quart jars or 1 half gallon jar
- Whisk seasonings into salt water brine.
- Pour brine over veggies, covering completely and leaving about 2 inches of headroom to lip of jar
- Insert your Ferment’n ceramic weight and push it down into the brine.
- Put your Ferment’n Fermentation airlock on top of the jar, add water into the moat, put the cap in place and secure with the jar ring.
- Wait approximately 3 weeks for your cauliflower to ferment.
- When you like the taste of them, put the regular lid on the jar, store in the fridge and enjoy!